Monday, June 15, 2009

A visit to Gay marriage

These past few months have made a new kind of history in Maine. Governor John Baldacci signed a bill legalizing gay marriage in the state of Maine. This makes Maine the fifth state to allow gay marriage. This is a follow up to my opinion piece on Gay civil union and Gay marriage. I was overwhelmed with joy when my best friend Tyler, who is Gay called me. He was yelling "Gay marriage is legal in Maine!" I was so happy just to hear him so happy. Even though he probably won't be married for a long time it was still amazing to hear the happiness in his voice. I couldn't believe that the law passed. I mean look at our state we have the manly men and the farmers not to point fingers but the truth is most of these people are homophobic. But all I can say is I am very proud of Maine for not being a prejudice state anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post MH. LoL. That is cool how you were both so extactic with joy and happiness all at one time. I also, agree that I was surprised given our state and all the homophobic people. I also am proud. Again good job on your blog post.

    ReplyDelete